Impact of Jet Apparatus
A chamber with one side acrylics is provided for visualization of impact of jet on vanes. Measuring tank and stop watch is provided for flow measurement. The set-up consists of a sump tank with centrifugal pump to circulate water. Water from sump tank flows through a nozzle and strikes vertically the vane positioned above the nozzle. Arrangement is made for the movement of the plate of the vane under the action of the jet and also because of the weight placed on the loading hanger. This force can be calculated from the impulse-momentum equation, which is based on Newton’s Second Law of Motion.The unit consists of a plate, placed in the path of a liquid jet, experiences a force on it.
• Flow control valve to change jet pressure.
• Weights- 25grm, 50grm, 100grm, 150grm.(Mild steel with Chrome plating).
• A chamber with one side acrylics is provided for visualization of jet Impact.
• Plates- Flat plate, Curved Plate, Angle Plates(300,600), (M/s with Chrome plating).
• Transparent pizometer tubes with scale to measure measuring tank discharge.
• Measuring tank- 400 X 400 X 260 mm.
• Sump tank- 700 X 400 X 450 mm.