Michel Tilting Pad Bearing Apparatus
The pressure distribution is measured over a multi tube manometer. The belt is driven by a variable speed motor. When the pad is tilted over the oil film, pressure is developed, the pad is provided with pressure tapings parallel and perpendicular to belt direction. The tilting angle and minimum gap between pad and belt can be adjusted and characteristics thus can be studied at various gaps, inclination and relative surface speeds. An endless belt, which moves beneath the pad, carries the oil over its surface from oil bath.
• Endless belt running over wide pulleys, immersed in oil bath.
• Motor Variable speed Motor ½ HP, 1500 RPM.
• Tilting pad circular, square and trapezoidal shapes, one each, with highly polished surface & pressure tapings.
• Control panel For speed control unit.
• Manometer 15 Tube manometer.
• Power Supply 230 V AC, Single Phase.
• Floor space 1m x 1.5 m (approx).